Cardinal fish has a growth below the fin

CKiernan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy has survived a tank crash and is a healthy eater. I never pay much attention to him because he is such a healthy guy or girl. I noticed tonight that he has a prominent growth under his pectoral fin. Is there anyone who can help me identify what this is please??



IMG_3213.jpeg

IMG_3217.jpeg

IMG_3226.jpeg

IMG_3223.jpeg

IMG_3224.jpeg
 
This guy has survived a tank crash and is a healthy eater. I never pay much attention to him because he is such a healthy guy or girl. I noticed tonight that he has a prominent growth under his pectoral fin. Is there anyone who can help me identify what this is please??



IMG_3213.jpeg

IMG_3217.jpeg

IMG_3226.jpeg

IMG_3223.jpeg

IMG_3224.jpeg

Welcome to to Reef2Reef

Can you tell if this is fluid filled?

How long do you think the fish has had this?

It could be a tumor, but those take a relatively long time to grow.

It could also be a bacterial abscess.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new