Carpet is retracted, bubble tip is fine, ideas?

dnledman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2014
Messages
255
Reaction score
160
Location
Westchester
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone, I have this big green haddoni that is shriveled up underneath her rock. Have had her about 3 months without issues. Recently I started noticing cyano in a small spot right near her but only in the mornings. just tested my water and nothing jumps out at me as wrong. I did feed her a giant meal on Friday last week. First image is of the bubble tip today, 2nd is of her today, 3rd is of her about two weeks ago. Lights go off in about 1.5 hours. Water parameters below, I am also using carbon and GFO in sump, both have not been changed for about 3-4 weeks, any ideas?


9/23

CA 450
ALK 7.4
Ammonia undetectable
Nitrate <5ppm
Phosphate 03.ppm MAYBE
Salinity 1.024
PH 8.3
Mag 1350
Temp 78.3
470B214C-0038-48D9-BD20-34A51FCBFDEE.jpeg
A54018C7-5B03-480E-A0C7-AEFE98BF9520.jpeg
FF5DFC80-3917-40D6-BAD4-7D5EADA9D022.jpeg
 
I have a giant carpet (10-12" across). Last time I saw it curl up was when it let out a big nem poop. Outside of that, nems do whatever they want. Just because it was fine for 3 months doesn't mean it's not going to move.
Any chance the flow in that area changed? Moved some rocks or a powerhead?
 
I have a giant carpet (10-12" across). Last time I saw it curl up was when it let out a big nem poop. Outside of that, nems do whatever they want. Just because it was fine for 3 months doesn't mean it's not going to move.
Any chance the flow in that area changed? Moved some rocks or a powerhead?
No, nothing has changed, my vortechs settings haven’t even changed. I was thinking it could just be a huge poop. I checked back on it this morning and it looks like normal. Fingers crossed that is all it is
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new