Carpet surfer....

Wes10C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody ever had a fish that survived carpet surfing for a few seconds? My yellow coris just jumped out but i dont think it was on the floor for long. She seemed stunned but then swam around a minute before diving into to sand. Guess i need to get serious about a screen top

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody ever had a fish that survived carpet surfing for a few seconds? My yellow coris just jumped out but i dont think it was on the floor for long. She seemed stunned but then swam around a minute before diving into to sand. Guess i need to get serious about a screen top
I had a blue throat trigger that was out for 10+ minutes. I thought it was dead, looked pretty dry, had to get tongs to reach it. When touched with the tongs it moved, put it back in the tank and lived another 3+ years....

Unless the actual fall hurt the fish, I think it should be fine. Probably a little stressed from the surfing:)

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a panther grouper that did a "Triple Lindy" out of tank onto carpet, girlfriend picked it up with a ladle (afraid to touch it) and put it back into our tank - that was 5 years ago & he's still with us..

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've told this story here b4 but I had a Picasso Trigger named Spock, I had gone to bed and I heard a faint thud and decided to go check, as I'm walking to the tank I faintly stepped on something soft, I backed up, turned on the lights and there was Spock.
I scooped him up placed him back in the tank and he was right as rain.
Crazy but true. Lol
BTW I had a new cover the next day

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Occ clown female decided the outside was way to interesting to ignore and I spotted her on the timber floor when I walked upstairs. At a guess she had only been there a few mins as she was still nice and wet and of course back in she went. 3 years later she is just fine.

Temporary top went on within an hour and a permanent one from (then) Artfully Acrylic was ordered.

Turkey head

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a long time since I make sure my tanks are covered now but yes, I’ve had them jump and be out for a while and survive.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back