CaRx help please

Badfish405

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2021
Messages
118
Reaction score
139
Location
Oklahoma
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help understanding this. I haven't used a calcium reactor in a long time, but all my other ones I remember only having a feed and an out. This reactor I purchased used has a feed, an in, and an out. Geo's instructions appear to be to an older model with only a feed and an out.
20220723_115436~3.jpg
 
I don't think it makes a difference? I would look inside the lid and put the "in" into the area that pulls into the pump circulation, perhaps?

Problems I've seen with top out reactors occur if there is a CO2 bubble inside the chamber. HTH.
 
That second fitting on top should be a recirculating line with a valve attached, recycles gas and also helps bleed the reactor of air when you close it off. Then you have another fitting for the output into your tank
 
It's labeled which is the in and out, but I don't understand why there is an in, if the in is the feed down by the recirculation pump.
20220723_122531.jpg

That second fitting on top should be a recirculating line with a valve attached, recycles gas and also helps bleed the reactor of air when you close it off. Then you have another fitting for the output into your tank
Okay, that makes sense. Does it look like I'm missing some parts though?
 
I can’t tell I don’t own this model. Should have an intake for tank water,( usually close to the pump) then fitting for CO2, output fitting on top, CO2 recirculating fitting on top and towards bottom or mid way in your reactor.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new