Noah's 225g

Badfish405

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230314_181435~2.jpg

225g planet aquariums sps dominant tank.
2x gyre xf350
2x mp40
8 bulb ati with reefbrite led strips
Geo calcium reactor
Apex controller
Bubble magus skimmer
Filter socks
Fish list: purple tang, powder blue tang, foxfire, Wyoming white clownfish, 4 lyretail anthias, melanarus wrasse, yellow coris wrasse, leopard wrasse, mystery wrasse, royal gramma, banggai cardinal, green mandarin,
20230314_181435~2.jpg

Last edited:

Ugin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220111_234441.jpg

Been super busy setting this thing up. Apex mp40s, and 8 bulb ati with reefbrite xho installed. Now to turn the lights off and let it cycle.

Bro what, are you me? I'm also going with an ATI 8bulb fixture w/ reefbrite xho's. Which bulbs did you go with?

Also side question, what are your thoughts of running cheato mid-cycle? You think there's enough nutrients to keep it alive?

OP
OP
Badfish405

Badfish405

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro what, are you me? I'm also going with an ATI 8bulb fixture w/ reefbrite xho's. Which bulbs did you go with?

Also side question, what are your thoughts of running cheato mid-cycle? You think there's enough nutrients to keep it alive?
I went with 5 blue+ 2 actinic, and a coral plus. This is what I went with on an old tank I had with really good results. I actually started the cycle with ammonia 2 weeks ago and have pretty high nitrates and phosphates, so I'm thinking the chaeto will be good to go.

Ugin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with 5 blue+ 2 actinic, and a coral plus. This is what I went with on an old tank I had with really good results. I actually started the cycle with ammonia 2 weeks ago and have pretty high nitrates and phosphates, so I'm thinking the chaeto will be good to go.

Makes sense. How long are you running your fuge atm?

Ugin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant believe how expensive chaeto is these days. I couldn't give this stuff away last time I had a tank.

True that. The thing is, there's less vendors on one hand that I'd actually buy cheato from if you want truly *clean* cheato, free of bugs/pests/etc. Algaebarn is one of those few, so I don't feel that bad paying a premium.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back