Noah's 225g

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No new fish, lots of new acros though. Growth is great on some and not so great on others. I've been pretty lazy with the pictures.
20230314_181435~2.jpg
Looks killer man! Great acro additions for sure. Is that the CaribSea life rock? I'm going to be setting up my 1st mixed reef soon (120 gal) and can't decide if I should go with Marco or that CS life rock..its so expensive lol

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No new fish, lots of new acros though. Growth is great on some and not so great on others. I've been pretty lazy with the pictures.
20230314_181435~2.jpg
Wow!!! The acros look great plus all the other livestock in your tank looks like it is doing well too!!!

OP
OP
Badfish405

Badfish405

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks killer man! Great acro additions for sure. Is that the CaribSea life rock? I'm going to be setting up my 1st mixed reef soon (120 gal) and can't decide if I should go with Marco or that CS life rock..its so expensive lol
This is the Marco rock, and it's not something I would do again. By far the hardest tank I've ever set up. Completely anecdotal, but I couldn't keep any nutrients in this tank for almost half a year and I'm positive p04 was binding to the rock. I just noticed you're from okc. I have probably 50lbs of dry rock on my porch if you want it for free. It needs to be soaked, but it's a mix of old Fiji and a bit of Marco that's been in a few tanks I've had in the past.

Typhon

Force of Nature
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great progress!!

Amazing growth. Are adding aminos or trace elements?

I had the same issue with Marco rock too. Also, for some reason coralline algae doesn't want to grow on it.

Adam Houston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the Marco rock, and it's not something I would do again. By far the hardest tank I've ever set up. Completely anecdotal, but I couldn't keep any nutrients in this tank for almost half a year and I'm positive p04 was binding to the rock. I just noticed you're from okc. I have probably 50lbs of dry rock on my porch if you want it for free. It needs to be soaked, but it's a mix of old Fiji and a bit of Marco that's been in a few tanks I've had in the past.
No way man, that’s awesome! I’m interested, I’ll send you a pm.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back