Catching fish in tank

Damdeno

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2020
Messages
38
Reaction score
51
Location
Beaufort
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m embarrased to come on here to ask this question but how do you guys catch your fish in your tank lol my clownfish are easy to catch but my Tang and Angelfish are super frustrating. I will say that my clowns have been in the tank longer so they literally swim to whatever I put in the tank and pick at it -.- ...
So I wanted to FW dip my fish to see if these ich type spots would get off of them but my CB angelfish is an amazing maneuvering through the tank and my tang is a darter. I will say that I have dosed an ich remover in the tank and have now dosed with stress coat to help the healing process and the spots have started to go away. I don’t want to take my rocks out just to dip fish that are already exhibiting signs of recovery. Also I’m considering just letting them be since the symptoms have subsided
 
Don’t be embarrassed! I know tons of people that have a hard time catching fish including myself. I tried everything and broke down and bought a fish trap, it took a couple days of strictly feeding from trap but ended up working. Highly recommend a fish trap.
 
Some fish simply can’t be caught! Are you using two nets or a net and a poker? If the CB has the same path it takes through the rocks, try leaving a net propped across the path at one point and then gently chase it with another net or poker....it may go into the net, then be quick to lift it up. That’s how I catch fish on the reef.
That said, FW dips aren’t going to help the fish if they are going back to the affected tank.
Jay
 
Clownfish being the easy ones and everything else being a nightmare is such a universal reef-keeping experience. I've spent plenty of evenings chasing tangs and angels around rockwork with two nets, and even when it works, it's more stress on the fish — and me — than I'd like.

Full disclosure — that's the exact frustration that led me to start FITC Aquatics and build the AquaCove. It's a dark cave that tangs and angels duck into readily when you corral them, precisely because they're so shelter-driven — which beats trying to net them in open water. Not a fit for every fish, but worth trying on the ones giving you the most grief.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new