Catching fish

Reefer87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m trying to catch my fish to sell them. What’s the best method to do this? I have to move my rocks because they keep hiding where I can’t access them. And they dart all over. It’s harder than I thought. I’m giving them a break coz I don’t want them to stress too much.

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loooove Aqua Medic's fish trap:
1641751210985.png

I can catch anything except a cleaner wrasse with it. Stick some food in the tube (or what I prefer to do: masstick to the back wall) or a mirror behind it and wait. Whenever I have to catch something I put it in the tank and just leave it for a few days and occasionally putting food in it. Most fish go in without problems. Damsels, wrasses, angels, tangs, nothing can resist the box of food. Works great for catching shrimp or crabs too. Put some sand in it and a nice big piece of strong smelling food and they'll walk right in.

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m trying to catch my fish to sell them. What’s the best method to do this? I have to move my rocks because they keep hiding where I can’t access them. And they dart all over. It’s harder than I thought. I’m giving them a break coz I don’t want them to stress too much.
I made a fish trap. Cut the end off of a 2 liter bottle (I used a square apple juice bottle. Cut the lid off so the opening is big enough for your fish to swim through. Then cut the bottle near the top before the taper to the bottle opening. Invert the top into the bottle put food inside and set it in the bottom of the tank so it’s stable. Works best if you stopped feeding a couple days before.

Attachments

• EA86EEC2-309C-4528-AF79-C304E097553D.jpeg
    EA86EEC2-309C-4528-AF79-C304E097553D.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 51

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used large, transparent, ziploc bags. It seems to stress the fish out much less than using a net, possibly because they think that there's an escape route.

z0mbeh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The easiest way is to remove anything they can hide in. If you’re breaking it down anyways sell the rock first?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back