Caught a FlatWORM!

bobssecrtsn

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
556
Reaction score
259
Location
ca, gg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man, so as many of you know Flatworms are bad, in my case i did not get AEFW, but i got RED PLANARIA Flatworms, i found 1 of this in my tank, took it out and inspected and rechecked, it came out to me a Red Planaria, what do i do from here? should i treat my tank with Flatworm Exit or wait till i see more? like i said i only found 1 but they can be more...


My tank is SPS dominate and i do have a QT tank set up, idk how this got passed my dips. I do use the Bayer Method for my dips.
i dont however have any fishes in my tank, because if my Ich cycle, i maybe putting this to a stop and adding some wrasse's.


so what should i do?
1. Use Salifert Exit
2. Wait till i see 5+ more?
3. Get some Wrasse's
 
I've used fwe with sucess but need more then recommended dose and solid wc after treatment
 
thanks Mat, ill wait till mid January and check the population and perform the FWE.
 
ive seen more than 10 in my tank...got a yellow wrasse,flatworm gone...then my yellow wrasse keeps stirring my sand and burying my zoas so i got rid of it...spotted a few flatworms again...got a sixline wrasse and no more flatworm i see...
 
Last edited:
If you have one you likely have thirty...they really are not that bad and really are nearly impossible to get rid of in my opinion. Flatworm exit will knock them down a bit but it never got rid of them all in my frag tank and I overdosed it several times this was in an 18 gallon. My 34 has had them and they come and go it seems at one point they were everywhere I never did anything and have not seen one in several months.
 
Last edited:
Get a Christmas wrasse (from figi). I got one a few months ago. He hunts the rocks all day long looking for bad boogers. lol. I dont recommend a 6 line. Mine killed every fish I tried to add after him and had to tear down my tank to get him out
 
ive seen more than 10 in my tank...got a yellow wrasse,flatworm gone...then my yellow wrasse keeps stirring my sand and burying my zoas so i got rid of it...spotted a few flatworms again...got a sixline wrasse and no more flatworm i see...
correction...i bought my 6 line and got lucky to have found a juvenile,very small when i got him..he's probably like almost an inch in size..so far i have not lost any fish...he is docile IMO..i guess i got lucky...
 
I have three 6-lines one in each tank, ans I have never had any issues with them bothering other fish. Just my opinion
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new