Caulpera Prolifera in my fug, should I worry?

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this stuff in my fug (bought chaeto) but this took over as it grows really fast. I noticed when I trim it small pieces break off and get sucked into my display. I see people say to keep it out of display which is a fairly annoying statement because I am fully absolutely positively convinced that you can’t keep it in the fug without little bits falling off and breaking away to get sucked up into the display. It’s just too messy and trimming would be very hard as it’s messy when you pull out chunks.

should I be worried if I see bits floating in my display after trimming out of my sump?

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this stuff in my fug (bought chaeto) but this took over as it grows really fast. I noticed when I trim it small pieces break off and get sucked into my display. I see people say to keep it out of display which is a fairly annoying statement because I am fully absolutely positively convinced that you can’t keep it in the fug without little bits falling off and breaking away to get sucked up into the display. It’s just too messy and trimming would be very hard as it’s messy when you pull out chunks.

should I be worried if I see bits floating in my display after trimming out of my sump?
I use a corse filter material. Very pourus. It catches loose bits. The more efficient macros and hair will out compete cheato eventually.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back