What should my plan be?

Maebh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I want to set up a good system for my 14G/55L tank. Its only the actual glass tank, no system attached. Its also on a bench table rather than a cabinet.
Right now I have a heater, filter, airbubbler and a pump all in the tank which take up a good bit of space. I want to know what the best option for me is? A sump, external canister filter etc.
Also what equipment should I add/ replace?
The tricky part is I want to keep it under €100 and I dont want to drill into the tank cause I'll probably break it :grinning-face-with-sweat: .

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some sort of hang on the back filter would be nice. As long as you change the water weekly and do not over feed , vacuum the sand and blow off rocks you really dont need a filter for 14 gallons.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 15 gallon softie tank has only powerheads, and a small hob filter to run carbon. I do weekly water changes and thats it, its my easiest tank.

You basically have everything you need. I wouldn't put the air bubbler though.

OP
OP
Maebh

Maebh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 15 gallon softie tank has only powerheads, and a small hob filter to run carbon. I do weekly water changes and thats it, its my easiest tank.

You basically have everything you need. I wouldn't put the air bubbler though.
Some sort of hang on the back filter would be nice. As long as you change the water weekly and do not over feed , vacuum the sand and blow off rocks you really dont need a filter for 14 gallons.
Thank you both! I think a hang on back filter would work really well :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Just to check, if I got a HOB I would only have the heater and powerhead in the actual tank?

Last edited:

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both! I think a hang on back filter would work really well :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Just to check, if I got a HOB I would only have the heater and powerhead in the actual tank?
Yes, a heater, powerhead, and rocks of course.

And an ATO is always super helpful. But not necessary if you don't want to spend the cash now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back