Cave Tank Build Tutorial

Tedzilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really innovative to me. And innovation is the key to everything in this hobby. It's truly a gift you have, keep it up. I'm definitely tuning in to what you do in the future. Awesome stuff!!!

OP
OP
Kayotic5011

Kayotic5011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really innovative to me. And innovation is the key to everything in this hobby. It's truly a gift you have, keep it up. I'm definitely tuning in to what you do in the future. Awesome stuff!!!
thank you, very much. Im actually in the works of building this cave 2.0 saltwater edition for everyone, im filming (Although I probably suck on camera lol) and taking pics so I can make a really good tutorial....so far so good, but we will see lol.

Wait, go bigger! :)
Bigger lol...My goal in life is to own a tank so big I have to swim in it to clean it.....I'm one of those types where nothing is ever big enough lol theres always more space to be had...but I can only take on so much water before I have to make a waterbed tank to sleep with all my aquariums...guess id never have to worry about a fire hahaha.....but on a serious note if that 75 is there when they start there sale im going to get the 75 to do this with.

OP
OP
Kayotic5011

Kayotic5011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not being pushy but any update on your new build, eager to see your next creation
no worries my friend, I am actually in the process of carving some foam. I am taking video and taking pictures that way I can attempt to make a video and written tutorial. Sorry about the amount of time, I would have been a little farther but I broke that 40...but thats ok cause im going to get another soon and hopfully get a 75 instead. I'll be posting some images soon, I still have a little to do though and wont be getting the tank until the 18th of this month, but after I get this foam a little more cleaned up, ill see what I can do about a a sneek peak.....unless I break it some how and have to start over lol.

OP
OP
Kayotic5011

Kayotic5011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok after some carving I think I have the main piece of the puzzle...well the main piece of the visual part. I'm still up in the air on if its going to work but I think it will. I'll know more when I get the tank but I believe that its going to be what I want to work with, though if it doesn't I know what to do.....anyway all that mumbo jumbo will be for the thread I make for that build...until then he's a couple pics of my carving what it started as and what i ended with so far.....

IMG_9541.JPG

IMG_9615.JPG

IMG_9616.JPG

IMG_9617.JPG

IMG_9618.JPG

IMG_9619.JPG

IMG_9621.JPG

The lighting didn't capture the detail of the texture as well as I was hoping but it works.

OP
OP
Kayotic5011

Kayotic5011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Cool! More pics!
Thank you....There are defiantly more on there way, a whole tutorial on this new cave tank will be on its way soon. Once I get my replacement tank here in a couple days I'll be putting together this new cave tank and its tutorial. I will link the thread here when I do.

OP
OP
Kayotic5011

Kayotic5011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so petco has officially poked us all in the butt. If you haven't heard there 1 dollar a gallon sale is going on right now, and where that is usually a special thing (and somewhat still is), they have gone and changed there policy. They are now only offering up to 29 gallons at a dollar a gallon. They took off the 40, and 55, but set them for half price. So a 40 breeder is now 90 bucks before the half price discount and 56 after taxes during sale. That really in my eyes says to me they were loosing to much to keep up and needed they extra money or they saw the value in what they were giving away, either way it sucks that I cant get a 40 breeder at 40 bucks anymore and im not happy about there decision to up and change there policy on us. This has probably been in place since the last time I bought a tank, but im just now having to deal with it since im in the market for another tank at the moment......anyway with that said they removed the 75's from the half price list from what I was told and it only goes to 55..........

Ok here my issue at the moment. A 75 gallon tank from petco is 180 bucks and though it wont take me long at all to save for that I still wont be able to cop it for at least another week after the rest of this one. As of the moment a 75 looks like my best option though a slow one, I need the space it offers. Sorry for the wait, but it will totally be worth it.

OP
OP
Kayotic5011

Kayotic5011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent forgot about you guys or this build. I have been caught up in work and I have obtained a couple animals that have put me behind in this build. One is a Maimi Phase corn snake (Given to me) and the other is a savannah monitor hatchling, both are awesome but both needed cages....luckly for me I had a 40 breeder critter tank (not water worthy) and a 10 gal with a top lol, so I didnt have to spend any extra on that...none the less this build will be back under way before to long, just have to leave town for a few days on work first. Hopefully it wont take long and I can get back to it I need to get this foam off my floor lol. I'm sorry to leave everyone hanging i didnt expect this build to take so long

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back