Central Illinois

j.falk

View Badges
Reaction score
Who's all in the Springfield area.
I'm in Decatur but there's nothing left around here in the way of saltwater livestock pet stores. I order all my livestock online. Fish Man is a shadow of what it used to be and I had a bad experience with Nature's Select. Sailfin in Champaign is a decent store but it's an hour away and prices are top dollar on everything.

OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many bugs so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm in Decatur but there's nothing left around here in the way of saltwater livestock pet stores. I order all my livestock online. Fish Man is a shadow of what it used to be and I had a bad experience with Nature's Select. Sailfin in Champaign is a decent store but it's an hour away and prices are top dollar on everything.
I'm me I won't speak bad of any lfs they all have there place. Ive got places for you to go. I work in Decatur all the time. You have prob seen me driving around. I'm the orkin man.

Mike T IL

View Badges
Reaction score
I fully understand the challenge of finding a good LFS near you. Thanks to sfin52, he provided me with a few good places in St. Louis which is only an 1 1/2 from Springfield. I was hesitant but it was worth the drive as they have a good selection of corals and saltwater fish. It is nice to see them in person so you can observe their health and talk with some knowledgeable staff.

Is Reefing the ONLY option for you?

• Reefing or nothing!

Votes: 113 62.1%
  • I would consider freshwater.

Votes: 58 31.9%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 11 6.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Battlecorals