Cerameco Vida Rock......

SerenityReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a few pieces in my tank for awhile. No ill affect and took coralline well. I removed for personal reason but have plans to use it on a future build.

Cheers,

SerenityReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
63c3cfa13a3b724f6a9c89095a70aae8.jpg

5aa7f7918792e3931ebcc4083b8c90a6.jpg

bcb2425d9f0b1ece64017dd2dc651189.jpg

Cheers,

purplereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the blurry iphone pic my battery was dead on camera. I will get better pictures. These came in a large box. Each piece had special inflated foam around them. it must be some come of expanding foam because it filled in every nook and cranny of the box. Each piece was bagged then foamed. There is no possibly way in normal shipping that any breakage or chips would occur. It was quite an innovative packing job and no expense was spared. Each piece looks custom made and painted to look like coraline algae. Lots of neat barnacle like places for fish to hide on them and tremendous amount of coral mounting points. I am in love with it and can't wait to get them in the tank. Outstanding job ordering through http://cultivatedreef.com and couldn't be happier with the VidaRock from CeramEco

The color is not as inconsistent as it looks between pieces in the picture.

IMG_0077_zpsa61640f3.jpg
Very nice LazyLiven. What is that very front piece called? Any updated pictures of your tank with this rock in it?

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to hijack the thread, but , this ceramic is fired at a temp that makes it inert, as glass. I have an account with them, as with everything in reefing, just be patient, CeramEco has a great product, but since each piece is handmade, it takes time to get them completed. There's nothing to be concerned about leaching into the tank with these rocks.

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not to hijack the thread, but , this ceramic is fired at a temp that makes it inert, as glass. I have an account with them, as with everything in reefing, just be patient, CeramEco has a great product, but since each piece is handmade, it takes time to get them completed.
i think anyone with experience working with cerameco will tell you it certainly requires patience but coupled with diligence and an aggressive communication and follow up strategy. if one just sat idly by you would absolutely never get a call or email back from jeremy (order intake and processor). and even when loaded with orders, sure the pieces being handmade take time but once they have your order it only takes them one day sometimes two to create and fire/cure so it's not some delicate time-consuming process.

unless you have a very specific need for a design or very large pieces, i would just look to aqua-tecture which sells WYSIWYG pieces and photographs from multiple angles. they communicate and ship very well and immediately. if you're looking to work with cerameco do not rely on jeremy and get a hold of his dad, mark (one of the artisans) immediately from the onset and call every other day as they will encourage you to do to make sure it gets done and expect it to take 5-10x longer than they tell you it will - that has been the experience i and 4 other reefing buddies had within a eight month span and why i encourage working with aqua-tecutre or similar to get your pieces as they are already made and photographed pretty well.

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monkiboy is spot on that you need to stay on top of them and best to try to work directly with Mark. If you want an easy way to do that, go through Cultivated Reef. Greg has been great and seems to have a good relationship with Mark. He really stayed on them and my piece is being delivered today!

That said, it's a long and slow process. This is not their primary business so at times it takes a back seat. The best thing is you don't pay until they ship. They send you picts, if you like it you pay and they ship. If you don't they will alter it if possible or build you another.

I have 2 pieces coming. The main piece is 42" long ( my DT is 66" 150 gallons)

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to dredge up oldish thread. Been doing a lot if tweaking to the rock, but finally settled on a final formation. Quick 2 min video. Ignore the coral placement. They are all in disarray and most are in the FT.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back