Chaeto Acclimation

jackalexander

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
378
Reaction score
173
Location
Ventura
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a mini fuge to try and combat some gross algae and keep nitrates in check. I read in some places that I should start by lighting it for 4 hours a day for a week then increase to a full light schedule of 8-12 hours a day. Any tips from successful fuge keepers? Do any of you turn the chaeto light on once your display lights turn off? I have an 18w IM Chaetomax light.
 
I runs fuge light opposite to tank lights I never acclimated and everything is growing well chaeto sea lettuce and pampao don't remember if that's exactly how its spelled
 
I runs fuge light opposite to tank lights I never acclimated and everything is growing well chaeto sea lettuce and pampao don't remember if that's exactly how its spelled
Perfect! I believe running the lights opposite of the tank lights will stabilize Ph right?
 
To a certain extent theres still a swing its lower at night than the day time mine goes to 8.1 to 8.3-8.4
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new