Chaeto algae

Swalve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I’ve got the aqua top 29 gallon all in one. I want to start some sort of refugium, Is there a way to place chaeto in that small sump area, light it up,and have it stay healthy? Can it just roll around the tank? Any words of advice for more experienced saltwater keepers in greatly appreciated!

Bryson.bobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I don’t see why u wouldn’t be able to. You can buy hob refugiums that are less than a gallon. I grow my chaeto in a 5 gal section of my fuge

OP
OP
S

Swalve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not too expensive at all. So I’m going to try it, just hate when anything dies in my tank regardless of how much it cost. Lol I just know people say it needs room to bounce around and all that. I’ll start with a small ball of it and see how it goes.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not too expensive at all. So I’m going to try it, just hate when anything dies in my tank regardless of how much it cost. Lol I just know people say it needs room to bounce around and all that. I’ll start with a small ball of it and see how it goes.

I don't have chaeto yet. You should say hey in the meet and greet section though! Might could mention the chaeto in your intro also.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back