Chaeto egg crate sandwich idea.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rjramos
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
A shout out to eggcrate sandwich users out there!
I wanted to get feedback from you all out there that have tried this idea. Are you using a substrate(mud, sand). lighting type, 24hr or 12h. and flow pattern thru refugium. Pictures please!:)
 
I made this last week after seing this thread surface back in July. I havent used it yet as my LFS is 30mins away and I havent wanted to go all the way out there just for Chaeto lol.
 
Just made mine! Tired of cheato flakes floating everywhere
 
This is what it should look like when its ready for harvest! I try to fill with more chaeto than pictured above when I start one, but if thats all you have it should work. Show me progress if it does, please. I could send you some chaeto if needed too.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1129.JPG
    IMG_1129.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 845
I have not tried caulerpas, but they do like a substate( sand, mud)to root into, and that can be accomplished in another section of the refugium on the bottom instead. The tangs don't like chaeto, strictly nutrient export and store credit at my LFS.[emoji106]
 
I bet you could hang this above your sump and run water through it like an ATS with a light on each side. I mean, it should work and take less space lol
 
Really cool idea. Can this chaeto be placed in a canister filter since I don't have a sump or no
 
Really cool idea. Can this chaeto be placed in a canister filter since I don't have a sump or no
it needs light so no. honestly its off topic, but I would get rid of the canister.

however you can buy a HOB refugium or HOB filter with a large tub and use it to grow chaeto.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new