OP
OP
B

benmed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added black acrylic board to outside of refugium to prevent light from leaking out to the sump. Pretty easy fix with these boards from Amazon.
image.jpg
This Tunze submersible light seems to do a nice job bringing light directly to the Chaeto. We will see put it works.

Reefernewbean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, for experienced reefers that $30 ball of "highway robbery" is actually a nice item because Algae Barn ensure's you're getting exactly a ball of chaeto. When you start to really get involved you want to ensure you know exactly what macro algae you're growing. Buying some cheap ball of chaeto from an LFS for $10 means you're getting unwanted junk and pests with it.

You get what you pay for in this hobby (unless of course you paid for ecotech lights running morbius). :)
Don’t automatically assume that its clean because they say it is. I found a huge Aptasia in my newly build refugium. Had no signs of aptasia since i started my tank over a year ago, and have not added anything foreign into my tank for months. Ty algaebarn.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don’t automatically assume that its clean because they say it is. I found a huge Aptasia in my newly build refugium. Had no signs of aptasia since i started my tank over a year ago, and have not added anything foreign into my tank for months. Ty algaebarn.
Hi there! We haven't had anyone reach out to our support about this, but we would like to look into your situation/order. We do go through great lengths to treat macroalgae with our proprietary methods, remove any unwanted organisms, and quarantine before shipping to customers. Can you please send us your order number, email, details of your shipment, and images of how the chaeto arrived / how it looks now? We also sent you a DM :) -Raven

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back