Chaeto light Biocube 32g

  • Thread starter Thread starter jaymer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jaymer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2025
Messages
76
Reaction score
85
Location
toronto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the intank fuge and want to grow chaeto, what light do I need? Please send suggestions
 
Anything with a 5-10K color spectrum works.

https://buceplant.com/products/hygg...MI59P0_7-IlgMVAyzUAR0xNhIGEAQYAyABEgLSEvD_BwE

Google:

Submersible Aquarium LED Light​


Your two main options are attached to outside back glass or submerged in the box. I found it a pain to clean film algae from inside back glass. In my 120G display, I made a remote algae/pod refugium using 3” clear PVC that is 3’ tall.

Know this, in both cases you will be adding heat to your system. Depending on environmental conditions in your home, a pancake fan to assist with evaporative coolin may be a desirable option.




image.jpg
 
Last edited:
I use and like the Tunze eco chic for its small profile and different mounting options with the Magnet. It is waterproof,submergible, and you can mount it vertical or horizontal and at different angles. It is a plug-in play. There is no color adjustments. There’s no intensity adjustments. You will have to run it with a timer or controller, but it works. I run mine on an old mechanical timer and it grows my chaeto with no problem.

There are a lot of options out there as stated above, and way cheaper too. But this is what I use.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new