Chaeto Light Help

Strathmore

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reef community,

I’ve had a saltwater tank for around ten months now but I still have trouble sustaining chaeto for more than a couple of months at a time before I have to buy more at my LFS. My parameters have mostly been stable outside of minor swings in the past few weeks. I’ve also recently upgraded my display tank lighting and I have a spare Ecotech Marine Radion XR15 G6. I’m looking to use this as a refugium / chaeto light and I was wondering if anyone can suggest lighting settings or schedules for Mobius.

Appreciated!
 
Not familiar with the light. I grew macro commercially and 5000 Kelvin color spectrum is a good place to be.
 
I dose ammonia every day and liquid kelp concentrate every other day. Some of the systems are fishless.
 
I use this light for Chaeto and it grows so fast I have to throw away buckets full.
1734403415266.png

You can find it used like new on Amazon for $25.
 
I use this light for Chaeto and it grows so fast I have to throw away buckets full.
1734403415266.png

You can find it used like new on Amazon for $25.
Salt contamination eats the electronics in these lights pretty fast. AT least it did for the 2 I had, less than 6 months life on each. I had them hanging directly over my open top sump.
 
Have used the canagros succesfully in the past, 2 inches off the water surface for max par.
Raise the chaeto close the surface for max par.
Run light for 10 to 14 hours per day, depending on export requirements.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new