Chaeto not growing

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gtinnel just bought this light for my fuge and am curious how you mounted it? Thanks
I have a light diffuser over my fuge (which is half of a 29g rimmed tank) and I just sat it on it. There should be a bracket on on the light that has a screw hole though. I believe there were holes in the light where you could hang it too.

BVF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a light diffuser over my fuge (which is half of a 29g rimmed tank) and I just sat it on it. There should be a bracket on on the light that has a screw hole though. I believe there were holes in the light where you could hang it too.
Thanks. I need to figure out a way to mount it over the sump’s fuge under the tank. The light has 4 rings, and came with 4 cables attached to a caribiner. I think I would trust a clamp-style mount over hanging it.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I need to figure out a way to mount it over the sump’s fuge under the tank. The light has 4 rings, and came with 4 cables attached to a caribiner. I think I would trust a clamp-style mount over hanging it.
No more than it weighs I'd think a carabiner and the cables would easily hold it.

BVF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more than it weighs I'd think a carabiner and the cables would easily hold it.
Yeah, really trying to figure out what I can attach to the stand that I can mount the caribiner to suspend the light, or just find a clamp and mount it to the rim of the fuge.

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have this cheap one from Amazon for 4 hrs a day due to low nitrates in my tank rn. And it grows

Attachments

• A452AC5A-BA98-467E-98EC-4C2AEB70A500.jpeg
    A452AC5A-BA98-467E-98EC-4C2AEB70A500.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 29

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I used home depot light when i first bought chaeto online. It grew about 12" in a big ball size. Huge .

I want to say that the reason why i got it to take off was 2 things:

1. I had a powerhead on the bottom of the sump to ensure the chaeto tumbles in a circle. this prevented white chaeto

2. I dosed Chaetogrow initially. After i seen it was taking off past the bulb size, i stopped the chaeto grow dosing

3. I feed heavy so the tank has high phosphates. I'm talking about .1

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back