Chaetomorpha Shortage?

Get some locally. Believe it or not you can rinse it under running water from your sink. I got a hold of some chaeto that I knew for a fact had aptasia and flatworms in it. I rinsed it under the sink, picked out exemplary strands and I was done. There is no aptasia or saltwater flatworms that I know of that can take nice fresh chlorinated water and live to tell the tale. You’re basically disinfecting it. Your algae doesn’t care if it’s sink water for a few minutes. It doesn’t have gills. There is nothing in my tank that I don’t want in it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new