Chalice and Monti plate Issues

rtmarlin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First post here, been lurking awhile.

I have a 40 breeder setup, with a 30g sump under a 250 MH. I have a bunch of coral, mostly softie and lps and one small SPS. I have two pieces of coral that wont stay alive in my tank. All levels for chemisty are within normal paramaters. I have a main setup in a 158g doing very well(also fully stoked with a massive range of corals). I have fragged a green monti plate and a stunner chalice that are healthy and happy in my main setup. When moved into my 40 breeder they get a few days then massive tissue loss until death. I have done this twice now, same results. Cant figure out the cause for the life of me. If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it. I just wanna put some more coral in this tank.

Lemme know if anyone needs anymore info about my setup.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smaller tanks have more fluctuations in water parameters. It can be easier to keep a 158g tank compared to a 40g. If your maintenance/cleaning/ATO/etc. on the 40g is the same as your 158g than the results may not be the same. Treat the 40g like its your only tank and treat it like a start up. Keep logs of the parameters and make sure you maintain it everyday. Than you should be able to grow corals easily, just like your 158g.

kes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if there's some other culprit, such as a large worm that eats everything. I pulled out a 4 foot long one from a friend's tank after being set up for only a year.

OP
OP
R

rtmarlin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there's a few bristle worms, any way I could flush a worm out?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back