Chalice ID

GreenreefSC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy I bought it from made up his own name for it, wondering if anyone else knows what its called. Hope this is the right place for coral ID. Thanks!

b.jpg

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did he call it Unicorn Poop ? that pic is so off , could be a mummy eye variant (under radions) , unicorn poop variant , It would be easier if you had a clearer / whiter pic.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mustard green chalice

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
much better , pretty sure its a discolored green convict , did you just get em ?

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much PAR , whats you nutes ? Do you feed it roids ?I cant see orange and purple from the pics. but I do see the lines of convict in there i think this can color up alot .

OP
OP
GreenreefSC

GreenreefSC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you’ve had it for a year, do you have any better pics? Should be able to see the mouths on it.
The mouths are tiny purple bumps in the middle, i cant get a better pic, sorry my phone isnt cutting it. Ill give it some roids real quick and make the mouths open, one sec...

OP
OP
GreenreefSC

GreenreefSC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much PAR , whats you nutes ? Do you feed it roids ?I cant see orange and purple from the pics. but I do see the lines of convict in there i think this can color up alot .
I think its mostly my phone camera quality, it looks pretty good in person. I do feed it roids, and i keep it in the middle of the tank with black box led, i dont know the par level.

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its awesome and you can really unlock its potential . Black boxes tend to throw PAR like monsters , most chalices do best around 150 and under or they get washed out looking. Not typically a middle of the tank coral , more like a sandbed , or indirect light spot.

OP
OP
GreenreefSC

GreenreefSC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its awesome and you can really unlock its potential . Black boxes tend to throw PAR like monsters , most chalices do best around 150 and under or they get washed out looking. Not typically a middle of the tank coral , more like a sandbed , or indirect light spot.
Is rate of growth a good indicator that its in an ok spot? Because its growing fast. I rather have good color than fast growth though.

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will grow alot in light thats too high to favor best coloration , and yes a bit slower in the " optimal" color zones , also not sure how much white you throw at em but 15k 20k main photoperiod is gonna give you best color overall. If you run mostly blue like 23k and beyond like alot do , it may never change colors or become more defined pattern wise.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome,nice piece,call it what you like ,until she shows her colors

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back