Chalice not looking so hot...

  • Thread starter Thread starter b2smoov
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

b2smoov

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2013
Messages
93
Reaction score
52
Location
Southern California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My chalice started turning white. It started as a small spot near the center and seems to be spreading daily.

Params
Temp 78
Salinity 1.026
pH 8.0
Alk 7.1
Cal 450
Mag 1380
Nitrate 7.2
Phos 0.04

I've been trying to bring my alk up. It was down as low as 6.6. I've been trying to increase it .5 dkh at a time. Is that to much of a swing? No other corals around it to possibly sting it. Thanks for your help.

20230501_184319.jpg
 
Could some alk precipitate have landed on the chalice and burned it? Or some salt creep that fell into the tank?

Raising alk 0.5 dkh per day is fine.
I don't think so. I manually dose the alk into my overflow so that it mixes throughout the sump. Salt creep is possible my return is almost directly overhead. I'll have to see if it needs cleaning.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new