Chalice pricing and LE discussion thread.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is a chalice discussion thread.. Not a slam your peers thread... Please deal with your problems in the appropriate forum

Agreed! Plus our user agreement does no allow for these types of post. I am editing this thread to reflect this.

wishntoboutside

Snow flake
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i will take a few photos to show. but my chalices grow faster then most of my favia collection and may be on par with some of the sticks.. as far as feeding i use a mix of rotifers,cylorpeeze, some reef nutrition, mysis and brine for the fish a a few other goodies. photos comming soon peeps

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i will take a few photos to show. but my chalices grow faster then most of my favia collection and may be on par with some of the sticks.. as far as feeding i use a mix of rotifers,cylorpeeze, some reef nutrition, mysis and brine for the fish a a few other goodies. photos comming soon peeps

I'm holding you to that richard! and while your at it how bout some more eye candy in the favia thread :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HAHA, well I don't know any of these people personally and it doesn't matter to me whether its truth or not. We just don't want to hurt anyone personally.

If there are some personal post that I missed please use the report post button. Also for you that may have your post edited or removed please don't take offense to it and I hope you understand.

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Show off :D

LanDoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Steve gets a really bad rap. If you have ever met him, you would know that hes just a good guy and the hobby has morphed into the current state. I believe people who hear tyree this and tyree that are sometimes misinformed as many of the hobbyist have been in the hobby less than 5 years and do not know really how hard and what a big deal it was to keep alive SPS corals and how rare it was to get what we think is common today.

I know that my want for wonderful corals is not limited to on how limited a coral be as one of my favoite corals is the Bali Green Slimer, I know, I know.

Has it gotten out of hand, yes. and I think we can all agree on that. I do not blame any of the businesses that are trying to market thier own products as we all have to make a living. I know I have a choice where I spend my money and that is my job as a consumer to do research and feel confident in where I spend my cash.

I have been a participant in many of disscussions like this and I always appreciate hearing everyones viewpoint as we are all in this together. I am a hobbyist without a wholesale license (I know, that is rare these days) so I depend on retailers to bring in these wonderful corals.

Saying all this is well and wonderful; and its OK if we don't always see eye to eye as long as we try to remain civil and mature. One thing I did take away from this thread is that I am not the only person that feels that there are right ways of business and wrong ways of business. Labeling a coral that is not the real deal is wrong and I appreaciate hearing others feel the same way.

And just because the world needs more eye candy, here is some bali green
xmas0720001.jpg

Mark,
I agree completely, especially the part in red.
It may be hard for some of the newer reefkeepers to understand, but there was a time getting a majano or gsp in with your live rock was a huge bonus, and getting any corals to stay alive for more than a few months was a big deal.

It's amazing how picky we have become as reefkeepers. It is much nicer now though! ;)

Donovan

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back