Chalice pricing and LE discussion thread.

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo many nicer corals than the flamethrower, don't see why everyone gets crazy over it. Bid away!

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude, don't bid yourself and everyone up! wait till the last 30 sec's and bid the max you will pay. save yourself some cash

this imho this one of the main reasons the prices of corals has skyrocketed so badly, a lot of these corals prices are set by auctions but what people are doing is getting into bidding wars prematurely and it causes the price to skyrocket feverishly high...

OP
OP
Emc

Emc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral is going there whether I sit on my highest bid or not. I made a mistake telling people I was bidding on it but that doesn't change the fact that the other bidders already set their highest bids and are willing to change them. I am most likley bidding against retailers which changes a lot of rules. All I did is insure that whichever retailer is after it has to seriously consider his or her profit margin. :)

coraldiva

LED
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might outbid you all on the flame thrower mini colony and have somewhat of a monopoly over it.. muahahhaha..

just kidding..

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's now up to $1000 and climbing, somebody better hope that it ships okay and doesn't bite the dust muahaaahaaa

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a mistake telling people I was bidding on it but that doesn't change the fact that the other bidders already set their highest bids and are willing to change them. I am most likley bidding against retailers which changes a lot of rules. All I did is insure that whichever retailer is after it has to seriously consider his or her profit margin. :)

Next time just pm me about it :bigsmile:

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats why you go to the source and be patient like I did I believe that colony will go way more then actually valued but hey kudo's to the seller he didn't set the price bidder's are lol.

wishntoboutside

Snow flake
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this thread and the chalice rage cracks me up all together. i just had a frag swap at my house over the weekend. the most i sold my large chalice frags of nice stuff was 60.00, that was cuz it had five dots.. or eye as one would call them. they grow way to fast to fetch those amounts.

i will stick to collecting favia's:bigsmile:

coraldiva

LED
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this thread and the chalice rage cracks me up all together. i just had a frag swap at my house over the weekend. the most i sold my large chalice frags of nice stuff was 60.00, that was cuz it had five dots.. or eye as one would call them. they grow way to fast to fetch those amounts.

My chalices don't grow all that fast. Whats your secret? :D

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

please post pic's and your recipe for growing them fast as mine grow well but not that well.

mrgreenthumb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for me it definitely depends on the chailce. Some definitely grow way faster than others, with my aussies definitely being the slowest. I will try to get some growth pics toegther of my fastest growers

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back