Chalice pricing and LE discussion thread.

ReefDoctor

Just a hobbiest
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Guys... The Eternity Chalice is to be Evaluated LE when Tyree receives his pieces as promised... This is how he Does ALL potential LE pieces... ( Mr Tyree has not yet received his pieces due my own error, I will explain)

I have deliberatly minimized the exposure of this piece until the process has completed.

My correspondance with Mr. Tyree was the week before Christmas, He asked me to cut frags for him and let them heal, "A few weeks"

Those frags were made as Mr. Tyree requested...

HOWEVER, Jan 2, when I was cleaning one of my prop tanks (after ignoreing them through the holidays) I left out 4 large trays of coral overnight... The next morning the majority of the corals were fine however it seems the temps in the tray had fallen sub 65f.. I lost many chalice frags (watermelons, Eternity, Hybrids ect.), Superman monti, Oranji all of my birds nests and a few more... But specifially, I lost the Precut ETERNITY frags that I was going to send to Tyree... I have since recut new frags for the select few that I agreed to sell to and also for Mr. Tyree himself. When these frags have healed they will be shipped... "I will ship no wine before its time" hehe

As for Donavon... He is a great seller, a long term friend and he had an eye of the Eternity prior to selling the parent colony to me. In looking at his auction the only thing that I see wrong is that he has it listed as already LE rather than to be LE... Donavon is NOT a swindler or hack artist this is an honest mistake, I am sure... He deserves respect. Please do not be so quick to jump upon your peers...

Last edited:

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
- Certified LE police :D.... Glad PE is coming out lol
smilie_026.gif

vblade.gif

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have done business with Donovan in the past and look forward to doing so again in the future. Consider him to be very honest and trustworthy. LE police might want to let this one go, but glad you are out there. lol!

That chalice is great, and it seems there are some really bright morphs without the colored leading edge.

Last edited:

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what makes a coral a LE

Steves marketing :) and in some cases, people sending him emails over and over until he gives in :D

So far, I only know of one "limited edition" as the grafted simplex was a freak of nature and many of the original frags were lost. Heck, I've even heard that the orginall colony is without a graft anymore but who really cares anymore.

It's getting way out of hand and I never thought there was a need for regulatory practicing and predatory pricing in the coral hobby :(

Last edited:

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr Tyree has not yet received his pieces

The whole reason I brought it up is because I asked to see the Eternity while visiting Steve on Saturday. He informed me he hadn't even received it yet. Needless to say, I was supprised to see it listed on ebay as 'the new tyree LE Eternity'. So, I asked the seller if it had even been evaluated yet. He responded yes, its been evaluated and is now LE. Clearly a blaintent lie.

When I told him Tyree didn't even have the coral when I visited, he got all defensive. Even though he now knows it isn't an LE, without even looking, Im sure he hasn't corrected the listing...

I just think its wrong to advertise your 'soon to be LE' as such. What if it doesn't hold up in captivity? What if Steve decides its not worthy? Why jump the gun on announcing it? Ill tell you why, so your ebay sales jump to $350+ a frag...

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
speaking of has anybody seen tht Flame Thrower that just went up for sale on ebay? people already having bidding war and it just went up

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
speaking of has anybody seen tht Flame Thrower that just went up for sale on ebay? people already having bidding war and it just went up

Yes, I expect it to sell for a pretty penny. Im just glad ive allready got mine.:bigsmile:

OP
OP
Emc

Emc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say it but I already have a frag and I still want it.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back