Chalice question

Leroy

Pres. N.E. Matchcover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a frag of an Alien Eye chalice from a local reefer. Looked good in his tank but when I got it home and removed it from the container, not a bag the underside of it was cracked in many places but yet the flesh is in good condition. My question is will the chalice itself be OK or should I super glue the under side on a plug to keep it stable?

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a frag of an Alien Eye chalice from a local reefer. Looked good in his tank but when I got it home and removed it from the container, not a bag the underside of it was cracked in many places but yet the flesh is in good condition. My question is will the chalice itself be OK or should I super glue the under side on a plug to keep it stable?

I would glue it to a plug and set it somewhere where it has time to heal and settle in

OP
OP
Leroy

Leroy

Pres. N.E. Matchcover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I'll do is let it the chalice get acclimated to it's new environment for a few day as it sets on the sand bed before I handle it again to glue it to a disk. I'm sure it'll be fine in a week. Hopefully I'll put a pic up of the Alien Eye on the chalice thread and show my other 5 chalices.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back