Chalice Show-Off Thread!!!

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AF38959B-5E1A-442F-BC96-651552FFDCF5.jpeg
Lights getting low this evening and thought this piece was looking nice. You can see it from across the room-it glows . Space Invader chalice from Cornbred.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!...This was sold to me as a Flaming Bugatti, but I have not seen any with this type of rainbow coloration. (I did not buy from Cornbred) I think there were some posts from years ago that have some similar colors, but I don't see any like this out there now. I may have gotten a real nice frag compared to others of the same chalice... I think if this thing grows out with this type of rainbow it would be a good example why some frags of the same type deserve more $'s than others of the same...
And its worth noting that chalice, like other LPS and SPS can color up differently under different light spectrum, intensity and trace such as the RedSea Colors products.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow so many nice pieces in this thread.
Just started my collection, second one bought yesterday. Flamethrower.

VkILu0VZ_o.jpg
Wow so many nice pieces in this thread.
Just started my collection, second one bought yesterday. Flamethrower.

VkILu0VZ_o.jpg
Sure that's a flame thrower? Its red, has the orange eyes but the color striations on the rim suggest that in time it going to be a whole lot more interesting than a typical flame thrower. ;) Nice find!

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure that's a flame thrower? Its red, has the orange eyes but the color striations on the rim suggest that in time it going to be a whole lot more interesting than a typical flame thrower. ;) Nice find!

That's what the LFS sold it to me as, my tank lights are about 14K so it wont flourece the same as most pics taken under the extreme blue I see.
Here's a top pic of it, there is some blue in there as well. My phone camera doesn't pick it up though.

flD50Bgk_o.jpg

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what the LFS sold it to me as, my tank lights are about 14K so it wont flourece the same as most pics taken under the extreme blue I see.
Here's a top pic of it, there is some blue in there as well. My phone camera doesn't pick it up though.

flD50Bgk_o.jpg
Regardless - its a fantastic looking chalice!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back