Chalice Tissue Loss at Center

0utworld

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2019
Messages
144
Reaction score
61
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I've had this rainbow chalice frag for around a month and have been seeing some decent growth. A few days ago I noticed a weird color in the center of the chalice, which became evident that it was a piece of wobbling flesh. Today, the flesh came off as I turkey basted it, revealing skeleton.

Does anyone know what may have caused this?

What should I do to maximize the chalices healing process?

The frag is under decent light levels, would it be possible that algae starts growing in that hole?

Thank you in advance.
IMG_20200420_230131.jpg
 
Following along

Noticed this on one of my acans too

Turns out that my goni was stinging it from the side .

Have moved it to a new spot but flesh seems to be slowly receding.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new