Chalice white spots

aeceac6413

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2023
Messages
37
Reaction score
29
Location
Gainesville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I've noticed these white spots on my space invader. What is it? I did noticed some fish food on it that maybe a fish or a crab snatched up...irritation? I have lost an sps recently to rtn and now I'm freaked out. Will do water testing today and update the post. The one photo under white light was yesterday, the blue is today.

Thoughts?

20240519_100426.jpg 20240518_080151.jpg 20240519_100554.jpg
 
Looks like it's beginning to lose tissue. This happened to me very early on in my tank's lifecycle, I wasn't able to properly determine alkalinity consumption and dose accordingly and I ended up losing a bunch of LPS. What are your parameters like?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new