Chances of Clownfish Successfully Breeding with no help?

Saltine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my mom has 3 clownfish that she received with a used tank about 4 months ago, she put them into her 1 year old 90g. The clowns have been together for a few years so I'm not surprised a couple are a mated pair. The crazy part is she finally did a water change after a few months (FOWLR) and found a tiny clown in her sump, what are the odds an egg actually hatched with no special treatment/food?

Thanks!
Salt

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eggs can hatch without a problem, it's raising the fry that's the issue. did you see it to verify what it was?

OP
OP
Saltine

Saltine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eggs can hatch without a problem, it's raising the fry that's the issue. did you see it to verify what it was?

I haven't seen it but she said it's about an inch long now, which sounds to me like it's pretty far along...

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fry need to be feed a lot of live rotifers in their first stage, so this is one I'd have to see to believe. :)

I haven't seen it but she said it's about an inch long now, which sounds to me like it's pretty far along...

OP
OP
Saltine

Saltine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fry need to be feed a lot of live rotifers in their first stage, so this is one I'd have to see to believe. :)

That's what I thought and she only feeds flake.... I tried to explain its really not possible.... I'll have her snap a pic

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 97 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back