Change Viparspectra LED layout? Any advice welcome

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I have a viparspectra light, love it, but i'm more or less wasting the white channel (only at 7%) I thought id try and play with the layout as I have a dead boarded dSuny here with a number of LEDS I can swap out, below is the original layout:

viparoriginal.JPG

And here would be my proposed layout, theres also some text showing what LEDs I have spare that I can use.

proposed vipar.JPG

Any advice welcome!?!

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have not done this myself but there is a good thread with pictures detailing led swap out. I believe he even used a vipar light. I’ll see if I can find the link for you.

OP
OP
ph123uk

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, cheers for the reply, appreciated, but I know how to remove and add the LEDs , I just wanted opinions on the new layout I have proposed, and if it can be improved :)

Less

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about this as well, blues at 84 and whites at 10 seem like such a waist of the 1 channel.

OP
OP
ph123uk

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about this as well, blues at 84 and whites at 10 seem like such a waist of the 1 channel.

Exactly! I loathed to change it, but I think I will give it a bash this weekend, took the lenses off mine last night, leaving them on around the edge, created a nicer coverage, more even, but obviously lost punch!

OP
OP
ph123uk

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, not entirely, but I did build a reef-pi inside it so I could auto dim the lights :)

I did replace a few LEDS and it was very easy.

Sivart1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, not entirely, but I did build a reef-pi inside it so I could auto dim the lights :)

I did replace a few LEDS and it was very easy.

How did you go about building the reefpi? I have looked up countless videos and forums and I get lost in the language haha. Is there a simple way you could explain it?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back