Changing cabinet color

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

um_fan5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a quick search and couldn't find anything!

Have an opportunity of picking up a 625XXL (Black) or 525XL (White) locally...I'm leaning to the 625 but the Mrs prefers white so she wants the 525!
I told her the could resurface the cabinet and build new doors in white...she leery of how it would turn out.

Now, I have resurface cabinets before using Formica and I could build my own doors using plywood.
Has anyone done this before and or what material is the RS Reefer cabinets made out of?

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have an opportunity of picking up a 625XXL (Black) or 525XL (White) locally...I'm leaning to the 625 but the Mrs prefers white so she wants the 525!
I told her the could resurface the cabinet and build new doors in white...she leery of how it would turn out.

Now, I have resurface cabinets before using Formica and I could build my own doors using plywood.
Has anyone done this before and or what material is the RS Reefer cabinets made out of?
The marine-spec laminated cabinet that houses the sump and vented space for chillers, is smartly finished with weatherproof, epoxy-painted doors. Offered with black or white exteriors, all cabinets have a black interior which maintains its clean appearance over time. - from the Red Sea website. Epoxy Paint is not going to be the easiest thing to paint over. Personally, I would not do it. Part of the appeal of the Red Sea tanks is the slick stand. Perhaps you can contact Red Sea about ordering white doors? I would expect that they have them, people break doors. (I know - I sell cabinetry.) Give them a call.

OP
OP
um_fan5

um_fan5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @CMMorgan Read the same thing!
I'm interested to know the exterior of the cabinet...off their site "All the REEFER XXL models now feature a laminated, plywood marine-spec cabinet"

But on top of the plywood...I doubt it's some sort of paint.

I was planning on resurfacing the outside of the cabinet and building new doors or ordering them from RS...depending on cost and lead-time.

OP
OP
um_fan5

um_fan5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true!
After 19yr of marriage....learned to pick my battles! :D
So has she!!!!
1627497684114.png

bzuca87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You could always wrap it with Vinly

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back