changing salt... good/bad/ugly?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nbagnardi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2014
Messages
1,227
Reaction score
577
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I've been making my own water for about a year now, never used anything but Red Sea coral pro, always had issues with higher dkh 11-12... got bored and watched a video about this HW marinemix, BRS uses it exclusively, lab researchers... etc... anyone ever try it? and whats the proper way to change salt brands? mega water changes? lets hear it.
 
I've been using it for a about a year now. Parameters of fresh mixed have always been spot on. I switched from ESV and didn't do anything special, just kept up with normal waterchanges using the new salt instead. I do massive weekly waterchanges (60-70%) and didn't see any corals flinch from it. I mix it for 12-24 hours unheated before using so it doesn't precipitate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new