Changing salt?

Gordi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I can't seem to find any Brightwell Neo Marine here in the UK so was wondering if I could gradually change to another brand (say around 5 gallons per week)?
Thanks

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Any recommended brand?
I went from instant ocean to Red Sea Coral Pro. I did it for a few reasons, one because of the quality and potential contaminates that instant ocean might have (I would still use them and the negative stories I hear are very few and far between) but for a few more bucks I think the coral pro is much better quality. I would recommend Red Sea because I’ve had good luck with them, but honestly most of the top brands will probably be similar to what you’re already using.

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can change salts, depending on your tank size. But whenever I changed salts. I just do my normal water change amounts and never had an issue.
As far as salts. I use instant ocean and reef crystals , it’s been my go to brand for the most part since the 70’s. During that time I tried other salts and have decided IO and RC do the job and never had an issue. Price is right and a little residue in my salts bucket doesn’t really bother me or my fish or corals.

Back