Charlotte Area

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far from the Concord Mills Mall are you?

Not bad, just take 485 from rea rd to 485 -77-concord mills. About 40 mins. How far are you from there?

I remember taking my mother in law to the concord airport once in the rain. I told my wife next time she walks to Florida before I drive up there :) :p.

Side note, anyone met @Magellan . Another Charlotte . Soon we can start a R2R Charlotte ,

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bad, just take 485 from rea rd to 485 -77-concord mills. About 40 mins. How far are you from there?

I remember taking my mother in law to the concord airport once in the rain. I told my wife next time she walks to Florida before I drive up there :) :p.

Side note, anyone met @Magellan . Another Charlotte . Soon we can start a R2R Charlotte ,

Lol about your mother in law. I am close. Maybe 7 minutes. I am about 5 min from the airport. My Mom flies up from Florida as well into that airport.

I am all for starting a Charlotte chapter!

Mastiffsrule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol about your mother in law. I am close. Maybe 7 minutes. I am about 5 min from the airport. My Mom flies up from Florida as well into that airport.

I am all for starting a Charlotte chapter!

Your mom coming for WPB? Mine is from DelRay. The Frontier flight is cheap. last time at concord it was raining and parking was in the field. After that I ponied the extra $ to have her come into clt.

Mastiffsrule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, my mom is in Florida too, Bradenton area!

I have a brother in law, sort of, in Bradenton. Haven’t spoken to him in a long time. He was a chef/caterer back then 1990

Mastiffsrule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bleigh , family’s from?

We may have a reef club and bowling team all in one :p

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Central Florida. I was born and raised in Clermont next to Orlando. Moved up here in 2010.

Mastiffsrule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Awesome, which LFS.?

FYI

I went to Nemo’s, (don’t know how to tag them, if someone can) I got an angel and digi. There was a young guy there I have not seen before. Guy knew his stuff. I never saw him before. I did the usual - how long the fish been in, let me see him eat, what frag is that, why is the color different from the frag tank to the colony on display. He knew it all. I would buy anything from him and feel confident.

Someone tag Nemo’s so we know who to ask for and check them out

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, which LFS.?

FYI

I went to Nemo’s, (don’t know how to tag them, if someone can) I got an angel and digi. There was a young guy there I have not seen before. Guy knew his stuff. I never saw him before. I did the usual - how long the fish been in, let me see him eat, what frag is that, why is the color different from the frag tank to the colony on display. He knew it all. I would buy anything from him and feel confident.

Nemo’s Reef! That’s where I go. Everyone there has been that way, when I got my ATO they took it out of the box, showed me how to set it up, cut a piece of hose (theirs) to the right length and used a heat gun to attach it to the pump. I got into this hobby with some freshwater experience and asking questions at Nemo’s, I really couldn’t recommend them enough. Next time you are there ask if you can see the frag tanks in the back ;)

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nemo’s Reef! That’s where I go. Everyone there has been that way, when I got my ATO they took it out of the box, showed me how to set it up, cut a piece of hose (theirs) to the right length and used a heat gun to attach it to the pump. I got into this hobby with some freshwater experience and asking questions at Nemo’s, I really couldn’t recommend them enough. Next time you are there ask if you can see the frag tanks in the back ;)

Yep. I go in the back everytime I go. Just got a nice red planet frag from the back secret lair.

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, which LFS.?

FYI

Nemo's is my goto. I dont know if Nemo's has an account on R2R.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. I go in the back everytime I go. Just got a nice red planet frag from the back secret lair.

They had these beautiful pink Goni frags I kept trying to talk myself into, but the older guy that works there said he got one and it never opened up. Got a nice little piece of Jason Fox Burnin Banana instead.
83DB1ACC-5301-4388-851C-FCCE1462E4B2.jpeg

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had these beautiful pink Goni frags I kept trying to talk myself into, but the older guy that works there said he got one and it never opened up. Got a nice little piece of Jason Fox Burnin Banana instead.
83DB1ACC-5301-4388-851C-FCCE1462E4B2.jpeg

Nice choice!

Bmckinney04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't wait. I had to pull the Chaeto tonight. Tested my phosphates and they were at .19. They are usually around .03. Phosphates tend to rise when my Chaeto cannot grow anymore. I pulled almost a 5 gallon buckets worth and have it stored in a bucket with a pump. If you want it this weekend then it's yours otherwise I will have to toss it.

Anyone else want a gallon bag full??

20191028_215711.jpg
What time and where can we meet up tomorrow or Saturday...I live in Hickory so I'm not to far but not to close either lol

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What time and where can we meet up tomorrow or Saturday...I live in Hickory so I'm not to far but not to close either lol

I will be at my house all day on Saturday. If you come to my house then I will give you all of the Chaeto. Bring a 5 gallon bucket. PM and I will give you my address.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice choice!
Thanks! It was my first piece of SPS that doesn’t have “for novice reef keepers” in its name. Pleasantly surprised that it didn’t immediately die on me, my tank doesn’t seem like it should keep sps very well. (A graph of my temperature on a daily basis would look like an outline of a mountain range).

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back