Charlotte Area

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob's Burgers always get an upvote from me!

I agree 100%

For Xmas I got an iPhone case with a picture of beefsquatch on the back

Best line ever

1572651837934.jpeg

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Folks,

Just found this thread here and wanted to chime in. I moved South Florida last year, and live in Matthews. I am a member of RASOC as well, and there website is no longer maintained and there FB page is where all the action is at.

I am glad to see some more people around the Charlotte area that keep SW/Reef tanks. I won't be going to RASOC Christmas luncheon, but will be at the January meeting if they have one.

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just requested for the RASOC Club to be added to R2R. Hopefully we can get this up and running soon so that we can have an ACTIVE forum running.

I don't mind FB, but sometimes the messages get lost in the weeds.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish we could get something going in the Charlotte area for selling and trading corals and gear. Coral prices are getting insane with online and local prices. Even local hobbyist want $$$ for a frag the size of my thumbnail.

I am down to help with getting this going as well.

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish we could get something going in the Charlotte area for selling and trading corals and gear. Coral prices are getting insane with online and local prices. Even local hobbyist want $$$ for a frag the size of my thumbnail.

I am down to help with getting this going as well.

My biggest problem is no one (hobbyists) ever seems to have the corals I keep. Everyone has/wants Zoes, shrooms, SPS or LPS. I do only soft corals (mostly neptheas) and gorgonians.

However I agree, some type of get together would still be nice. Especially if it could be done at the 1/2 way point between Charlotte and Winston Salem. Even something like a monthly coral flea-market. That would be really nice truthfully. I'd have somewhere to look forward to going once a month for possible prospects.

Another thing that could/would help everyone, is if we got to know each other doing group buys on transshipping boxes of coral.

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest problem is no one (hobbyists) ever seems to have the corals I keep. Everyone has/wants Zoes, shrooms, SPS or LPS. I do only soft corals (mostly neptheas) and gorgonians.

However I agree, some type of get together would still be nice. Especially if it could be done at the 1/2 way point between Charlotte and Winston Salem. Even something like a monthly coral flea-market. That would be really nice truthfully. I'd have somewhere to look forward to going once a month for possible prospects.

Another thing that could/would help everyone, is if we got to know each other doing group buys on transshipping boxes of coral.

Yes that would be good. Everyone has something to offer to the hobby. I love watching corals grow and that is why I am into it. I am not here to make money from the hobby. Would love to meet up and talk with local hobbyist and swap corals. Once a month is definitely doable I think.

OP
OP
Silver14SS

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone local need any of this stuff? No set prices, pay me what you think it's worth, donate $ to a charity, whatever - you just have to meet somewhere near Indian Land or Ballantyne :)

MD contoller board with shelf
Precision Marine ATO
664EC135-B2A8-4842-826A-539C37C21687.jpeg

Haier mini fridge/freezer, I used it to store fish food.
37D501D9-69D5-48AD-8D39-5B6EFEC4EDCC.jpeg

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone local need any of this stuff? No set prices, pay me what you think it's worth, donate $ to a charity, whatever - you just have to meet somewhere near Indian Land or Ballantyne :)

MD contoller board with shelf
Precision Marine ATO
664EC135-B2A8-4842-826A-539C37C21687.jpeg

Haier mini fridge/freezer, I used it to store fish food.
37D501D9-69D5-48AD-8D39-5B6EFEC4EDCC.jpeg

How many gallons is the ATO res?

OP
OP
Silver14SS

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fridge is still up for grabs. ATO and controller board are spoken for.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, The next RASOC meeting is January 15th, 2pm to 4pm at Ronald McDonald House. I'm planning on being there.

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, The next RASOC meeting is January 15th, 2pm to 4pm at Ronald McDonald House. I'm planning on being there.

Figures...I will be in New York during this one. I will be at the next one.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back