Cheap 100€ PH, temperature, salinity controller with wifi

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few weeks ago i made a post about one of those cheap all in one controller as the one in photo, bought on amazon and sent back in a week, not satisfy. Then i found on a local marketplace the same one for 15€ brand new and i've decided to give it another try, but with a twist.

I bought a APERA ph probe that should be fairly good stuff (30€) and made all the solution for properly calibrate everything. I have recalibrated the apera probe and is now a couple of weeks in water and reading are same as my hanna ph pen. Temperature i have tested against my kitchen termometer (professional but not lab grade) and is ok (+/-0.4Celsius)

Salinity was a bit off but i found out (it does not say it on manual) that you can calibrate salinity directly with 35ppt solution and not with TDS solutions and today i did so. Salinity before was stable, a bit off but it was inline with my refractometer (-.004sg) but when i changed water, the reading was off at the same level (always ..-.004s.g lower) su i assume was just miscalibrated but reading was fairly good. Thanks to randy's recipe i was able to recalibrate properly and now is reading perfectly in line with refractometer (also freshly recalibrated).

App is nothing exceptional but provide enough info and chart on daily/hourly/weekly/monthly basis with the possibility to export de data in excel tab. And as all "smart thing" app let me set alarms and actions that could be usefull i.e. turn off heater if temperature goes over X celsius...heater must be installed on smart plug

So, if bought new, with ph probe i would have put around 100€ on it, but if it keep going smoothly i will surely be happy to put 100€ on a cheap controller.

1675793017276.png

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 65 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back