Cheap Grow light LED for Fuge.

H2Ocooled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a strong light to use on my Fuge for my new tank setup, I'm going to go with the Triton method so the fuge is pretty important. I'm trying not to buy a $300 light for this if I can, so I was looking around on Amazon for grow lights and there are a ton of cheaper LED grow lights on there was a lot of good reviews. This one is 45w and people are going a lot of plants with it so I was thinking it would work good for a fuge. Any thoughts? https://smile.amazon.com/AOVOK-Gree...07CRL62ZM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only concern with the one you're looking at would be the sheer size at 1" x 1"

Unless you have a real big sump/fuge, you may get a lot of light spill into the adjoining chambers. Mine is considerably smaller dimensionally, and I'm growing algae on my return pump.

I see you saw my post on the one I bought. I have no particular expertise in the area, but here's the recommendation I went on. He seems to know how to grow coral.

He's only an 75 min from me. When my tank is ready for SPS, I'm def gonna go buy something so I can take a gander at his DT!

OP
OP
H2Ocooled

H2Ocooled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a par meeting this last weekend and used on the 150 watt UFO on my fuge, the light is 9 inches off of the water, Par was 410 at the surface, 210 on the bottom, and 4000 directly under the light. Not to bad for a $40 light.

Mkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy a Cheap Led light on Ebay I paid $20.00 for a planted tank one for my middle chamber on my nano grows like mad!

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reviews on them or par readings, it looks like a good light.
I haven't seen anything specific but I have one running on an AIO tank hanging on the back to light the integrated fuge and another on a traditional sump fuge on another tank and they work amazing. I have them both running at about 50%

Back