Cheap Grow light LED for Fuge.

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by Rich Gross, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Rich Gross

Rich Gross Active Member R2R Supporter

I'm looking for a strong light to use on my Fuge for my new tank setup, I'm going to go with the Triton method so the fuge is pretty important. I'm trying not to buy a $300 light for this if I can, so I was looking around on Amazon for grow lights and there are a ton of cheaper LED grow lights on there was a lot of good reviews. This one is 45w and people are going a lot of plants with it so I was thinking it would work good for a fuge. Any thoughts? https://smile.amazon.com/AOVOK-Gree...07CRL62ZM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

2. davocean

davocean Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor

This is all I use, PVC dome light housing from HD and an LED grow flood lamp, works for me.

[​IMG]

Reefpuck and Rich Gross like this.
  3. William DeCoursey

William DeCoursey Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

My only concern with the one you're looking at would be the sheer size at 1" x 1"

Unless you have a real big sump/fuge, you may get a lot of light spill into the adjoining chambers. Mine is considerably smaller dimensionally, and I'm growing algae on my return pump.

I see you saw my post on the one I bought. I have no particular expertise in the area, but here's the recommendation I went on. He seems to know how to grow coral.

He's only an 75 min from me. When my tank is ready for SPS, I'm def gonna go buy something so I can take a gander at his DT!

Rich Gross likes this.
  4. Rich Gross

I had a par meeting this last weekend and used on the 150 watt UFO on my fuge, the light is 9 inches off of the water, Par was 410 at the surface, 210 on the bottom, and 4000 directly under the light. Not to bad for a $40 light.

William DeCoursey likes this.
  5. Ignitros

Ignitros Active Member Build Thread Contributor

6. Mkus

Mkus Active Member

Buy a Cheap Led light on Ebay I paid $20.00 for a planted tank one for my middle chamber on my nano grows like mad!

Rich Gross and William DeCoursey like this.
  7. Rich Gross

8. Ignitros

Ignitros Active Member Build Thread Contributor

I haven't seen anything specific but I have one running on an AIO tank hanging on the back to light the integrated fuge and another on a traditional sump fuge on another tank and they work amazing. I have them both running at about 50%

Rich Gross likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted