Cheap lights for a 55 gallon

Seahorse man

View Badges
Reaction score
I just joined R2R because I have a 55 gallon FOWLR, and it just isn't doing it for me after seeing a full reef tank!o_O I have 1 LED light strip and 1 fluorescent light strip. I have 2 false percula clowns, 1 male and 1 female, and a firefish goby. I have a plastic hood that I would like to keep, so Im looking for a light strip that is semi-inexpensive and that I can grow various corals with while not costing me hundreds of dollars. I would love it if someone can point me in the right direction or give me a link, thank you!

Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
You may have to give up your hood to have a decent lighting system.

Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
An even better deal on the 4' x 4 T5 light like what has been recommended: Agrobrite FLT44 T5 Fluorescent Grow Light System, 4 Feet, 4 Tube https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005H1C7NA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_OF4gAbXASK2WQ

Than of Tidal Gardens likes this exact fixture. Hard to beat for the price. I currently have one over my 150 gallon FOWLR and am just waiting to put in ATI bulbs once the included ones get too dim.

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
There you go even better deal and four bulbs is as much as you can go depth wise over a 55. Most likely the cheapest you will find.

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm running a pair of the mars aqua 165w LEDs on my 55. Corals are happy. I actually have to turn them down to keep from having too much.

Mistress Corals
Control EcoTech, Reef Octopus, Maxspect, & More!