Cheap lights for a 55 gallon

Seahorse man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just joined R2R because I have a 55 gallon FOWLR, and it just isn't doing it for me after seeing a full reef tank!o_O I have 1 LED light strip and 1 fluorescent light strip. I have 2 false percula clowns, 1 male and 1 female, and a firefish goby. I have a plastic hood that I would like to keep, so Im looking for a light strip that is semi-inexpensive and that I can grow various corals with while not costing me hundreds of dollars. I would love it if someone can point me in the right direction or give me a link, thank you!

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An even better deal on the 4' x 4 T5 light like what has been recommended: Agrobrite FLT44 T5 Fluorescent Grow Light System, 4 Feet, 4 Tube https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005H1C7NA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_OF4gAbXASK2WQ

Than of Tidal Gardens likes this exact fixture. Hard to beat for the price. I currently have one over my 150 gallon FOWLR and am just waiting to put in ATI bulbs once the included ones get too dim.

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There you go even better deal and four bulbs is as much as you can go depth wise over a 55. Most likely the cheapest you will find.

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a pair of the mars aqua 165w LEDs on my 55. Corals are happy. I actually have to turn them down to keep from having too much.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back