Cheap lights for quarantine tank

BaileysTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, I have a quantine tank that houses my clowns and a few corals I’m waiting to put into the display, dose anyone know of some cheap lights that would work for this setup?

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You do need a light over a quarantine tank if that quarantine tank houses corals. A cheap clip-on LED is probably a good option for temporary lighting, though it's not going to be especially pretty.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont say the size of tank or length of time you plan to QT. If more than a few days and i would suggest getting a legit light that can support corals. A viparspectra, smatfarm, noopsyche, etc are all relatively cheap and can support corals just fine for whatever length of time u plan to have them in there.

OP
OP
B

BaileysTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont say the size of tank or length of time you plan to QT. If more than a few days and i would suggest getting a legit light that can support corals. A viparspectra, smatfarm, noopsyche, etc are all relatively cheap and can support corals just fine for whatever length of time u plan to have them in there.
Oh sorry, it’s a 20 gal 2 feet by one foot and I mainly have ugly mushrooms in their that I don’t care a whole lot about but it makes the tank look nice, I ask for a new cheap light becuase my old one died on me

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sorry, it’s a 20 gal 2 feet by one foot and I mainly have ugly mushrooms in their that I don’t care a whole lot about but it makes the tank look nice, I ask for a new cheap light becuase my old one died on me

Gotcha. Ya the ones i mentioned would work fine but way overkill for a 20g and probably not what you would want. If it were me i would probably find the cheapest reef spectrum light i could find on amazon that was 30-40 watts....but i like the cheap lights

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this light for my qt and I keep sps and LPS in it. Just read the width of tank because I have thick plastic and had to cut a little to get it to fit. It works great though.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, I have a quantine tank that houses my clowns and a few corals I’m waiting to put into the display, dose anyone know of some cheap lights that would work for this setup?
Excellent lights for a QT set up. I have two of these. 20-inch 24-inch. Very bright. Very reasonable. Just put them on a timer and you’re good to go.

Last edited:

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want something even a little nicer and even brighter you can go with something like this. I just bought a 30-inch for my 29 QT. Very bright.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back