Cheap macro lens alternative???

  • Thread starter Thread starter dougers31
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I use the diopters for a poor mans macro they work pretty well... Down side is you have to have the lense less then 6" from the subject
 
I have one it works but you will still need a good zoom lens, i only have the 18-55 lens and even getting an inch above the water the pics don't get that close, i would think you would at least need a zoom of 100 minimum IMO
 
I have use a canon 100mm/2.8 and the 60mm/2.8 they are both great macros. I think you can get a good deal on a 100mm/2.8 on cl.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new