cheap place to get corals with cheap shipping

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get really good prices from Val at reef stars, he always throws me some wicked color patterns or name brand coral for far less then average. But shipping is the same as everywhere else

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really such thing as cheap overnight shipping. It costs a good amount from the post office so they have to cover those costs and cant just ship you corals for free. While some places may advertise 25 dollar overnight shipping… their corals are more expensive. The cost offset comes from somewhere.

You used to be able to get some gorgs and Ricardia and zoas for priority shipping but priority has been pretty unreliable since covid and most places seemed to have stopped offering this option.

Last edited:

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck with buying from hobbyists on here and Facebook.

You can often get good deals at live sales if you have the time to devote a weekend to refreshing a web page over and over and over. Live sales generally have shipping around $40 but you can often get corals cheap enough to make up for that easily.

If you live in a big city then I agree with trying to find a club near you, many hobbyist would probably almost be willing to give away frags of the most basic fast growing corals. You could also look for local frag swaps.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hit up @jdm1114, he usually has the best deals for starters. Here is one of his for sale threads…

…I am in no way affiliated with him, I just know a good and fair deal when I see them!

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check to see if your area has a reef club or meet ups. A great way to get cheap/free basic corals. I'd be really nervous about cheap frags online with cheap shipping.

This. The local club up here is extraordinary. Many members grow top quality stuff and sell for cheap. For some of the easiest softies (think Xenia, GSP, Mushrooms, and basic Zoas), some will even give it away from time to time.

Back