OP
peewee5779

peewee5779

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eBay makes it really easy for buyers to create a dispute. 99% of the time, the dispute is in favor of the buyer. Start a chat with eBay and explain the situation saying they sent the wrong item or it didn’t match. Or submit the dispute and go claim all the money back including the shipping.

I know this because I have been selling on eBay for over 5 years…
Thank you I have started the return process and he isn't bugging. After many texts back and forth we have decided to let Ebay make the decision.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thank you I have started the return process and he isn't bugging. After many texts back and forth we have decided to let Ebay make the decision.
You’ll win for sure. Don’t sweat it.

OP
OP
peewee5779

peewee5779

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll win for sure. Don’t sweat it.
Have to wait till the 20th for E bay to step in. I believe I may lose because of 2 things: 1= I didn't get the picture to him within the allotted 2 hours of when Fed X delivered the box and 2= I didn't get a picture of the coral out of the bag, probably because I was so upset the way it looked in the bag. ☹️

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to wait till the 20th for E bay to step in. I believe I may lose because of 2 things: 1= I didn't get the picture to him within the allotted 2 hours of when Fed X delivered the box and 2= I didn't get a picture of the coral out of the bag, probably because I was so upset the way it looked in the bag. ☹️
How did this situation end up?

Danyole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for future reference if you file a Item Not as Described claim you have a 99% chance of winning, obviously don't abuse that knowledge but as someone that used to sell on eBay pretty often (not coral/livestock) eBay sides with the buyer and INAD cases are notoriously hard to prove wrong because buyers can make easily make petty claims like the color/size/condition doesn't match and eBay will side with them.

Also eBay has their own set terms and conditions for selling livestock and sellers can't set their own rules ie. pictures in the bag, DOA sent within 1 hr of arrival etc.

bubbgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had an issue with DReef. Got 3 torches without any issues although UPS had problems with weather delay. I was worried the torches would be DOA but everything worked out for me.

OP
OP
peewee5779

peewee5779

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let it go because he sent me the conditions of sale which I agreed to when I made the purchase. He returned the original cost of the torch to me as this agreement stated so therefore he fulfilled his side of the contract. I use it as lesson learned and won't do business with him again.

OP
OP
peewee5779

peewee5779

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to know that too
I let it go because he sent me the conditions of sale which I agreed to when I made the purchase. He returned the original cost of the torch to me as this agreement stated so therefore he fulfilled his side of the contract. I use it as lesson learned and won't do business with him again.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 82 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back