Cheapo sump refugium build

guy fawkes

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2015
Messages
112
Reaction score
38
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3a13524322bdfefef2238db06a822486.jpg


So I got my over flow box and piping for free, my sump for 50$ plus 60$ in acrylic. My return pump I bought from a buddy for 30$.

The pump is way to powerful so I'm gonna try a ball valve.
 


You need to branch off the return using a T, and put the ball valve on the end that goes back to the sump.
 
Thanks for the reply. I also added a check valve. Went to test my sump and my baffle caved. I'm glueing it back. Seems to be fine
 
Yea, some guys got some great builds out there.
 
So I eventually got this sump going. And got a new bubble Magnus skimmer. I had it up for a week. My wife tried to put the canopy back on and knocked my return flow over on floor and electrical stuff. So it's been shut down for a week. I rigged it to work for now. As I'm saving for a new tank some guy is selling, 120 drilled with custom sump. Much more appealing for the house.
 
My sump was way to big to fit under the tank. So I temporarily put it on a desk. Was going to purchase a cabinet, but why do that when I can buy a new set up. Lol hustling frags to save up. Love this hobby
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new