Check out the new K2 kalk stirrer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In response to those of you with large systems asking about a higher capacity kalk stirrer, we're now shipping a bigger version of the popular K1 kalk stirrer. This new model is built around a 6" diameter body, which gives it roughly double the capacity of the K1. This means it can handle twice the system volume, approximately 800 gallons, and can deliver up to 14 gallons per day of saturated limewater from about a quart of calcium hydroxide powder.

k2_lg.jpg

For those of you with high alkalinity demand stony coral systems, this stirrer compliments a calcium reactor perfectly. It will maintain high pH which often trends low when only a calcium reactor is used for calcium & alkalinity supplementation. Since calcium hydroxide is a balanced calcium & alkalinity additive, you don't have to worry about long term ionic imbalances as you might with two-part dosing. For low alkalinity demand systems (e.g., fish only or soft corals), a kalk stirrer is often all you need to maintain nice coralline algae cover and high pH along with LPS coral growth.

Check out the details here:
AVAST Marine Works - K2 Kalk Stirrer - Product Details

As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Jeremy R.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looking Kalk unit. How dose the lid remove to access the inside and refill kalk?

OP
OP
ctenophore

ctenophore

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone!

Jeremy, the entire grey lid just lifts up. It rests on the acrylic tube.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back