Check valve- How complicated can it be?

  • Thread starter Thread starter xabo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2009
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
592
Location
Wash. D.C.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have a new Carbon Doser check valve. Can't seem to get anything to go thru it. Shouldn't I be able to blow air thru it with my mouth? Does it take a certain psi for the valve to operate?
 
You should be able to blow one way but not the other, unless it’s defective
 
you do know its a 1 way valve (directional)
 
I'm thinking it's defective. I can take it apart and depress the ball with a paperclip but it takes some effort.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new